Thursday 2 April 2015

Easter Bunny Rolls Bento


I saw a picture of bunny rolls in Pinterest, and really wanted to make it for the kids' Easter bento this year. Even though the results were not as good as the sample picture, I'm pretty happy with the texture and the flavour. Furthermore, the boys thought the bunnies look cute enough :)



Easter Bunny Rolls Recipe
Adapted from : momalwaysfindsout

Ingredients:
2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1 egg

Method:
1. Put the butter, the sour cream and water in a small saucepan and heat, but do not cook. 
2. Cool to tepid then add the remaining ingredients. 
3. Knead the dough. (If too thick, add more water).
4. Let it rise double and cut into 16 equal parts.
5. Baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicone baking mat and cut the ears with kitchen shears. 
6. When the dough is STILL SOFT, Make sure you smooth the edges around, so you do not end up with gremlin shaped horns.
7. The eyes can then be put in, I used black sesame seed.
8. Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Notes : I added sausages as filling.


For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Easter bunny sausage roll
2. "Bunny" hard boiled egg (with nori for the eyes and ears)
3. Milk jelly with nata de coco
4. Ham "flower"
5. Lettuce, carrot and broccoli
6. Watermelon cuts for recess



For my youngest son, I prepared :
1. Easter bunny sausage roll
2. "Bunny" hard boiled egg (with nori for the eyes and ears)
3. Milk jelly with nata de coco
4. Ham "flower"
5. Lettuce, carrot and broccoli
6. Vanilla yogurt for recess

This is my last post before school holiday. Happy Easter to you all...have a blessed and safe holiday!

2 comments:

  1. I came across your lovely blog via blogchicks.com.au. Oh my, your food photos are amazing!!!

    I'm currently hosting a giveaway and would love for you to enter. Two hot chocolate mixes in a jar are up for grabs! Details are on my blog - hope to see you there! x

    http://www.butterandjamblog.com/2015/04/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! I certainly would love to visit your blog!

      Delete