Monday 2 February 2015

First Day of School in 2015


After 7 weeks of long holiday, finally the day has arrived! First day of term one in 2015 and the kids are ready for a new exciting year.
My eldest son is in year 4 and my youngest son is in year 1. 

Here are special bento lunches that I prepared for them :



For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Ham & cheese sandwich with "year 4" carrot cuts
2. "Penguin" sausage (with cheese, carrot, and black sesame seed)
3. Corn on the cob
4. Homemade chicken nuggets
5. Datemaki (sweet rolled omelette)
6. Broccoli and cheese
7. Carrot sticks
8. Watermelon cuts for recess



For my youngest son, I prepared :
1. Ham & cheese sandwich with "year 1" carrot cuts
2. "Octopus" sausages (with cheese, carrot, and black sesame seed)
3. Corn on the cob
4. Homemade chicken nuggets
5. Broccoli and cheese
6. Carrot sticks
7. Banana flavored yoghurt for recess

Similar bento tools I used for this post :



  




14 comments:

  1. Cute and yummy lunches! Hope it's a great school year for your kids.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the datemaki. What goes into it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main ingredients are eggs and hanpen (fish cake). Because I don't have hanpen at that time, I substituted it with crab sticks and add spring onion as well.

      Delete
  3. What a fun way to commemorate the first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristie! I'm so happy with how it turned out :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, A. I am crazy jealous of your silicone apple cups, and B. what cute lunches! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...thanks, Shannon. I love their bright colors too :)

      Delete
  5. The pinguin sausages are cute!! 7 weeks holiday, so jealous. In Holland we have 6 weeks for the kids in the summer (juli-aug) and we as parents 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marije! in here the longest holiday is in summer too which is Dec-Jan. And it's super hot:)

      Delete
  6. I love these lunches! So cute! Your octopus and Penguin sausages are adorable! happy New School year! My daughter loves Peppa Pig and would love the cute yogurt pouch in her lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comment, Nina! Me and my boys love Peppa Pig too :)

      Delete
  7. Love these! I recently got some letter cutters but I haven't used them much yet. This is such a cute idea and makes it so special for them! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete