Wednesday 15 October 2014

Spooky Bento



Making halloween-themed bento is just so much fun. No wonder that October is one of my favourite month for bento-ing and blogging :)
For the first day in term 4, I made the Spooky Bento for the kids. The boys love the mummy dogs so much. It made of sausage wrapped with sliced puff pastry. For the eyes, I used cheese and black sesame seeds. The scary fingers are made of puff pastry that is cut into triangle shape and rolled. I brushed the fingernails with red food colouring to make it more dramatic. And the boys said it looked so creepy :)
The worm jelly is made of milk jelly that I poured into a bunch of straws and let it set. It looks pretty cool, huh ?



So for my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Mummy dog
2. Creepy "fingers"
3. Corn on the cob
4. A bowl of jelly "worms"
5. Hard boiled egg with cheese and nori "bat"
6. Sultanas
7. "Jack O'Lantern" carrot
8. Rockmelon cuts for recess



And for my youngest son, I prepared :
1. Mummy dog
2. Creepy "fingers"
3. Corn on the cob
4. A bowl of "worms"
5. "Jack O'Lantern" carrot
6. Banana for recess 

No comments:

Post a Comment