Tuesday 16 September 2014

International Dot Day



To celebrate International Dot Day this Monday, I made dot- themed bento for my kids. For the polkadot fish body and the fins, I shaped the rice using Glad wrap. I used soy sauce to color the fins. And for the dot, I used the red part of the crab fish. For the details, I used crab fish and nori.

For the bacon and ham mini quiche, here is the recipe. I put crab stick and nori for the dot.



For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Polkadot fish
2. Broccoli with cheese on top
3. Corn on the cob
4. "Octopus" sausage (cheese, black sesame seed, nori)
5. "Rose" ham
6. Tamagoyaki
7. Gala apple
8. Rockmelon cuts for recess



For my youngest son, I prepared :
1. Bacon and ham mini quiche
2. Corn on the cob
3. "Flower" sausage (with corn)
4. Tamagoyaki with salt and pepper
5. Kiwi fruit for recess

Bento tools I used for this post :


 

No comments:

Post a Comment