Tuesday 30 September 2014

Fish Croissants and Dates Balls


 I found a recipe in Mouth of Moms website. It is a healthy sweet lunchbox treat because the sweetness comes from the fruit itself. For the dried fruit, I used dates instead apricot. Here is the recipe :

Coconut and Fruit Balls

Ingredients (makes 10 -15 balls)
3 Weet-Bix, crushed (I substituted it with half cup of oatmeal)
1/4 cup sultanas
1/4 cup apricots, finely chopped (I substituted it with dates)
1 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup condensed milk ( I substituted it with a drizzle of honey)
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Method
In a bowl, combine the oatmeal, sultanas, dates and cocoa. Add honey, mix well.
Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Toss in coconut.
Store chilled in an airtight container.

notes : you can use food processor for better result.




For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Fish croissant (ham and cheese, croissant, nori)
2. Dates balls
3. Hatched chick (hard boiled egg, black sesame seed, and carrot)
4. Broccoli and cheese
5. Carrot sticks
6. Sausage
7. Apple for recess



For my youngest son, I prepared :
1. Fish croissant (ham and cheese, croissant, nori)
2. Dates balls
3. Hatched chick (hard boiled egg, black sesame seed, and carrot)
4. Carrot sticks
6. Sausage
7. Kiwi fruit for recess

Bento tools for today's post :



2 comments:

  1. I love these, so many cute little details in the lunches and those coconut & fruit balls look delish!
    Thank you for linking up at Fun Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment, Grace! And thanks for hosting the Fun Food Friday :)

    ReplyDelete