Yay! Finally first day of school has arrived. The kids can't wait to go to school again. My little one goes to Pre-primary and my eldest one is in Year 3. To celebrate this moment, I prepared First Day of School bento for my little one. And because it was not far from Chinese New Year celebration (the year of horse), I made horse onigiri bento for my eldest one.
I'm also so excited because my bento tools order from All Things for Sale have arrived. Can't wait to share it with you...I'm sure these tools will help me to create cute lunches for the kids.
Details as below :
The theme is First day of School. So the bento consists of :
1. "Board" ham & cheese sandwich with ABC and 1 2 3
2. "Pencil" sausage (with nori)
3. "School bag" fish tofu (with nori and apple skin)
4. Grapes in music notes picks
5. "Car" milk jelly with nata de coco
6. Corn on the cob
7. Ham "flower"
9. Mandarin and grapes for recess
For celebrating the year of Horse, I prepared :
1. Horse onigiri (white steamed rice, soy sauce, nori, crab stick, carrot, and broccoli)
2. Corn on the cob
3. Mince pork with earwood mushroom meatballs
4. "Shell" shaped milk jelly with nata de coco
5. Banana for recess
On this occassion, I would love to say "Gong Xi Fa Cai". May the year of horse bring happiness, good health, and prosperity for all of us.
Last but not least, here the link where I bought my tools in this post :